“Ol boy, how far na? How hustle?”
“My guy, e no easy at all o!”
That’s the lyrics on the lips of most Millennials right now. The times are rough, so everyone has to be wise with their earnings.
There have been a lot of job cuts, pay cuts and all sort of economic down turns all over.Despite all the bad news, we still need to keep our heads up and look the part. You can still look good on a budget.
Here are a few tips to looking good during the recession:
1. Less is more: Stick to the basics..A black or navy suit, white shirt and a cool coloured tie for a dinner date is fine, nobody send you anymore oh..lol
2. Buy only that which you can wear multiple times..So you want to buy a leaf green suit for that special event (like seriously?)..I’ll just ask, can you wear it after that event, if the answer is no, please ditch that idea. It makes no economic sense and this applies to those aso ebi fabric that defies logic. I hear people say “let me just wear it for today and i’ll not wear it after”..why do you want to do that?..Na so the money plenty ni?lol..Be wise.
3. If you are a groom planning on getting married, please use colours such as blue, black or grey..if need be cream or off white..why?..you can always use these suits multiple times after the wedding. If you are hell bent on wearing a tuxedo, you can rent one, It doesn’t make you a pauper, it just means you and King Solomon were like classmates..lol
4.Look for the cheaper option..Prices of Foreign brands have gone over the roof with this new exchange rates..There are very good tailors like yours truly who can get you quality suits, shirts and pants at very affordable prices that will not hurt your budget. I know you are very skeptical about local brands but you can see it as helping the economy to get better by buying the Naira.
5. Some items of clothing do not have to be drycleaned after every wear..like suits, trousers and natives..Shirts worn for a few hours can still be re-worn..Your clothes need to last longer and of course,your dry cleaning bill must feel the recession..lol
6. Invest more in accessories like ties, cufflinks, socks and pocketsquares. Why?…They are not expensive and can spice up your look easily.Be wise.